The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
January 5, 2011
CFP: Generations of feminism
Submission deadline: February 28, 2011
Description: "We welcome papers on subjects including (but not limited to):
• Contemporary and historical debates and discussions about generational divides within feminism(s)
• Reflections on geographic and global distinctions within debates and discussions about generationality and feminism
• The politics of seniority and generation in feminist organizations, activist groups, and academic communities
• The notion of feminist “waves” and its remaking, conceptualization, and contemporary relevance
• The issue of “mother-daughter” dynamics within feminist movements and theories, and in society more broadly
• The ways in which race, class, and sexuality impact (or are left out of, or marginalized within) debates about feminism and generationality
• How different generations of feminists define and reshape ideologies and practices of feminism(s)
We welcome submissions from a wide range of disciplinary and geographical perspectives. Submissions from researchers working within, or among, the disciplines of geography, sociology, literature, area studies, cultural studies, film/media studies, art, history, education, law, and women’s/gender studies are particularly encouraged."
More information: thirdspace.