Special Issue Editor: Roger Christofides
Submission deadline for abstracts: November 30, 2014
»The Special Issue, ‘The Cyprus Problem in Literature and Theory’, invites submissions that address the Cyprus Problem and the division of the island between its Greek-speaking and Turkish-speaking communities.«
Possible topics include, but are not restricted to, the following:
• Representations of Cyprus in any period of English literature
• Representations of Cyprus in any period of Turkish and Greek literature
• Contemporary Cypriot literature of any form
• Anglo-Cypriot literature (or literature produced in any other diaspora environments)
• Constructions of Cypriot nationhood in literature or theory
• Literary accounts of war
• Nationalism and national identity in Cyprus
• Underrepresented Cypriots, such as Maronites and Armenians or, more recently, Eastern European and South- and South-East Asian communities«.
More information: CFP website
The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
August 22, 2014
CFP: The Cyprus Problem in Literature and Theory