The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
November 9, 2013
CFP: The Violence of War: Experiences and Images of Conflict
Place: University College London, London, United Kingdom
Date: June 19-20, 2014
Submission deadline for abstracts: January 31, 2014
»Topics relevant to this conference may include, but are by no means limited to, the following issues:
1. How have different disciplines examined and explained acts of violence?
2. Is it possible to identify specific cultures of violence in the pre-war era as well as during the war itself?
3. What was the impact of situational and intentional factors on killing and brutalisation?
4. To discuss how we can explain atrocities - as actions motivated by belief, as an unexpectedly horrifying consequence of obeying orders or as matter-of-fact acts of killing.
5. To compare the traumatising effect of violence with pleasure, excitement or gratification in carrying out acts of violence.«
More information: H-Net Announcements