Journal: Victorian Network
Guest Editor: Cathrine Frank
Submission deadline: April 1, 2013
Description: »The eighth issue of Victorian Network, ..., will take a fresh look at the interfaces between literature and legal cultures in the Victorian period. ...
Possible topics include, but are by no means limited to, the following:
* wills, trusts and guardianship accounts: the materiality of the legal archive
* Victorian trials, sensation and theatricality
* criminal law, lawlessness, realist epistemologies and the detective plot
* Victorian law and gender
* the reaches of the law: imperialism and the legal & literary creation of colonial identities
* intersections between genres of legal and literary writing
* "brought up a barrister": nineteenth-century authors, legal training, professionalization and the bar
* radical politics, social change and the working class in Victorian literature and the law
* debates about rights to intellectual and literary property
* the spaces and cultural venues of legal practice«.
More information: Victorian Network