The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
October 7, 2010
CFP: Bodies, Pleasures, Spaces
"For the second annual Mid-America Humanities Conference we invite proposals from undergraduate and graduate students engaged in the humanities, social science, and arts disciplines for papers addressing issues relating to the body and the senses in a range of historical and contemporary contexts as well as in literature and theory. Relevant topics for consideration include, but are not limited to:
• The senses in culture, theory, and society
• Body image, self-identity, and the life course
• Bodies in natural or built environments
• Bodies and difference (race, gender, class, age)
• Fat, diet, and self-fashioning
• Intercorporeality and social spaces
• Pain, torture, and trauma
• Exercise, athletics, and bodily performance
• Technology, surgery, and human-machine interfaces".
Submission deadline for proposals: November 15, 2010.
More information: H-Net Announcements.